Monday, June 20, 2011

We're here!

A few snapshots from the first day of class.




Here are some of our first impressions of the experience so far:

Yuni:

The dormitory where I am staying is really good. It is like a real hotel. The facility looks new and it’s so clean. In the middle of the apartment there’s quite a big living room. On each side of the living room, there are two rooms. Two people sleep in each bedroom. What I really like is the bathrooms. They are in each room, so there are only two people who use it.   The name of the dormitory is Evergreen. On the first floor there is a piano and many other things to do. It is really better than I expected.


Sue:
This is about my flight to the United States. The trip took many hours because of the long distance between Korea and America. First we met at Incheon National Airport. We ate some lunch there. It was a little bit expensive. Anyway, our seats for our flight were in economy. It was too small of a place to move freely and we even had middle seats! I could go to the toilet only when the person next to me woke up and went somewhere. If not, I would have had to say, "Sorry," or, "Excuse me," which might make her uncomfortable.

Though our flight was long, about ten hours, it was not boring. Actually, I don't remember much because I just slept except when eating meals.

I ate two meals, dinner and breakfast, and it was really delicious. Dinner was Korean food, bulgogi, and breakfast the next day was American style food such as bread and salad. It tasted really good.

After we arrived in California, we took our next flight to Denver. Though the stewardesses on the first flight were a little scary because they were direct and told me, "Sit down!", the stewardesses on the second flight  were much more kind.

The last flight from Denver to Fargo was a really small plane so it moved and shook a lot, but I really enjoyed it because it was like riding a roller coaster!!

Finally, the long trip was over. It took about 20 hours. It was hard and tiring. I experienced things that I have never experienced before.



Daisy:
While I was in San Francisco, waiting for our connecting flight, on of the pilots asked me, "Where are you headed?" I answered, "Minnesota." He asked me, "Minneapolis?" "No, Crookston," I said. Then he gave me a weird look as if Crookston was not the first place you think of for a summer vacation.

We arrived at the Crookston Campus at night, around 2:00 a.m., and even in the dark I could see that it was very green! It was quiet, calm and the air smelled much nicer than the air in Seoul. In that instant, I knew that I was going to enjoy my two weeks here because I like the quiet. As Sean was talking to us for orientation, he told us the sun rise looks amazing. I look forward to seing it.

When we arrived at the campus dormitory, our home for two weeks, I was actually very impressed. It was much better than I imagined. Much, much better. It had a living room, kitchen and even a bathroom inside each room :) Also, it was a reasonable size and it was clean!

I truly look forward to our two weeks here in Minnesota!!



Rollins:
I saw many restaurants in the U.S. airport. There were lots of choices. However, these foods were too expensive for my standards and had too many calories. When we were at the Denver airport, we ate a sandwich with mozzarella cheese. It was almost $10. I don't care about the price if the products have good value but the sandwich we ate wasn't good quality. That's why I think it was too expensive.

I will study in teh U.S. A next year. I'm sure that my weight will increase. I'll miss Korean food, too, maybe. Of course, I have to adjust to American food, but I think it will take much more time than I expected. I love beef, chicken, and bread. However I don't want to eat it every day.



Jun:
University of Minnesota, Crookston:
Quite cozy and silent. A little bit cold and windy but it makes me feel calm. We had three flights in maybe 24 hours? Now we are in CROOKSTON!! XOXO

Talking about food:
First, I ate the food in the airplane. The food was delicious but some of it was American...oily, too much. Breakfast on campus was so nice!

Learning Amish?:
The people who wear old fashioned, traditional clothes, beards. They have warm hearts, I guess.



14 comments:

  1. sue// u always say about foods! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. KEVIN// Dominic said that u look like a devil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SNUE University of Minnesota class wishes all of you safe and fun travels. Please keep us posted on all of your wonderful adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everyone would have wonderful vacation at there. I really envy you guys!!!!

    See you in next semester =)

    PS. Korea's weather is killing me!!! T_T;;;;

    ReplyDelete
  5. All you guys look good~!! After reading your experience, I was also convinced of my university and wanna go there right now!!
    Right now I'm making my vocab test up now T_T I wanna know how you guys are going about kkk. Take care and see you in 2 weeks~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I there,
    Have a nice and safe trip! Please tell me about the delicious food and wonderful events so on...especially I really want to know about the facilities of Crookston campus! after the
    trip let me know~ have a splendid vacation there guys~ see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there,
    Have a nice and safe trip! Please tell me about the delicious food and wonderful events so on...especially I really want to know about the facilities of Crookston campus! after the
    trip let me know~ have a splendid vacation there guys~ see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!!!!
    I hope that all you guys enjoy U of M life!!!
    Be careful!!!
    When you come to here, please tell us how there is.
    See you soon!!

    p.s. Don't forget my souvenior!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello~~~~ Good to see you guys in Pic!

    i think you guys are having fun time in Minnesota~
    we also having good time in SNUE with professor Castle~ and vocab test~~

    however do not get hurt and bring some souveniors~!~! ^^*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Be happy on your vacation.

    I recommend that you enjoy your vacation on
    crook more efficiently.

    Look around your enviroment, it must have been
    better than korea. enjoy~

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh! I forgot one. Be safe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi~My 'lovely'(_mom said..-_-) sister!!!
    Here in korea...as you know.

    I saw lots of your&your friends' photos.
    Wow... It looks great and exciting, and kids are so cute!><
    Anyway, Always Be careful. And I want you to gain 'a lot of' weigh. kkkkk

    hope to see you more in photos. Have a great time my dear~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooooooops!
    weigh->weight!!!
    kkkkkkkkkkk

    Bye~

    ReplyDelete