Thursday, June 23, 2011

Class, Library, Water Park

Working on the gazebo





 In the Classroom


At the Crookston Public Library with the kids:



Writing the children's names in Korean




 Traditional Korean dress



 Playing too-ho with the children



All together at the library


Water park fun:






Rollins:
In our third class, we read our journals and then we learned about confusing pronunciations. Some of the words were easy to pronounce differently, but others were very hard to pronounce.

After we finished the class, we went to the Crookston Public Library. We met beautiful kids there. Some of my friends and I introduced the traditional Korean game 'too-ho'. When we were putting the game away, I was really tired. However, when we went back to our cars, our hearts were filled with pride.
We visited the water park, too. We took the water slides and played some games. I hadn't known in Korea that Sue was a master of games but I realized it yesterday. Sue was the hero of the games.
Today was a memorable day in my life.

George:
We learned minimal pairs pronunciation in ESL class.  After the class, we went to the public library to teach children about Korean culture. I taught them about ‘too-ho’. The game involves throwing a stick into a bucket. It was fun to teach American children. I could learn about some differences between American children and Korean children. We went to the water park after teaching the children. We went crazy with the water slide but four hours later all of us were exhausted. It was a very fun day.


Kevin:
It was a rainy day and it was not good for a tour. In addition to that, it was colder than the previous day. We went to the public library and taught the children how to write their names in Korean and play traditional Korean games. We had a hard time because we had to stand up and sit down approximately 100 times in a minute to teach the Korean traditional games.

After that, we went to the water park. It was much smaller than the water park in Korea, but there were less people than in Korea. We had a good time there.

I can see signs everywhere in the Crookston Campus that warn that too much drinking is bad for your life. I think they really emphasize that they have to control their drinking habits.


Daisy:
Today we went to a water park. Although it only had four slides, we were entertained for almost four hours. The slide where you get in a tube was the best among the four. Besides riding slides, we also played water dodge ball and the 'human zero' game. Our team won for both activities and it felt gooood. :) What I found out from our games was that Sue is very talented at playing just about any game.

Other than going to the water park, something worthwhile and memorable we did today was spending time with the kids at the Crookston library. We played some Korean games with them, dressed them in traditional Korean clothes--the Hanbok, and taught them a Korean song and how to write their names in Korean. They were cute and their smile made me feel it was very worthwhile.

P.S. I miss my friends in Korea.

13 comments:

  1. I reall want to have some fun.........

    I want to go water park!!!!

    I want to go sea!!!!

    Give me some break!!!!



    But.... I have a no one to play with..... -_-;;;

    ReplyDelete
  2. swimming~~~~ i really want to go water park~!
    it's raining here,...and lots of vocab to memorize....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve!!! u r taken only funny 엽사...
    And where are 방쌤&부장님?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they were having great fun at Crookston!!
    Water Park looks nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys looks very happy than ever~~~
    I want to be there~
    I disagree with opinion that Sue is master of game. Enjoy your travel~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please don't buy any one a gun.


    Looks like a wonderful trip you are having! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to see you.kkkkk
    come to Korea early:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi guys~!

    I want to go water park~!!!!!!

    plz bring me~!!

    It is keep raining in Korea-!

    ReplyDelete
  9. -HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IT'S ME MOLLY!!!!

    If you don't bring me expensive gift
    i won't let you come back.

    I miss you guys so much!!!!!!!!
    ( if you have any present :) kk )
    with love, lovely Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. We miss you, too! We couldn't post on the forum last night because we got back too late. We will try to post this weekend. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! you guys are having fun~

    Maybe now you guys are in Minneapolis.

    Eating great meal and traveling twin cities..~

    I envy you guys... I'm now struggling with my

    vocab test T.T

    oh I got to go. let's see next week, have fun~!!

    ReplyDelete