Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 3

Here are a few pictures and our journals for today.


 At the airport. 


 
Welcome!



 Playing the piano in the lounge of Evergreen dorms



 Eating at Grizzly's



 With Thomas Jefferson




 All together, goofing off



 Our first classroom



 Playing golf



 Look at the cool car!



 In front of the candy shop


 The aircraft museum


The candy shop owner with all the sweets



Nathan:
Today was a shopping day. After the ESL class was over, we went to Fargo for shopping. But before we shopped, we visited an airplane museum. There were many of them but there was one that I've recognized since it was used during the Korean war and Vietnam war. After looking around, we went to a big shopping center. There were many products such as clothes and shoes, but what surprised me was the gun that was for sale. Even though I knew the fact that the U.S. allowed guns to be sold, it was very surprising for me to see them in just a shopping center.


June:
During breakfast there were scrambled eggs and some bread. We were so starving so we asked him for more scrambled eggs in one dish for convenience. But the cook said, "DO NOT SHARE THE DISHES!!" The reason was that when we shared the same dishes we may share the same germs. Also, sharing dishes is not considered to be clean. On the other hand, in Korean culture it is common and natural to share dishes. I think maybe this idea of sharing germs is a cultural difference.


Kevin:
We went to the department store in Fargo, North Dakota. It was pretty interesting to shop in the department store we could see real guns for hunting and bullets in there. The price was relatively cheaper than in Korea.

After visiting the department store, we went to the aircraft museum. There were many planes displayed. Most of them were used in the Korean war and Vietnam War. They were familiar to me.

I could see the national flag of the U.S. around the city. It was very different from our country. We seldom see the national flag of Korea except special holidays. Americans may be very proud of their nation and flag.

3 comments:

  1. wow..~~~ you guys looks like having really Fun in campus~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need chocolate and candy in Crookston!!!!!
    My brain is burning as I am memorizing vocab on summer vacation!!!
    I really need that sweets~~ Bring them to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys before you come back, fetch us some candies. I especially like the Licorice Candy a lot. Please bring some candies!!!!! I want candies!!!!!!! Need Sugar!!!!!

    ReplyDelete