Monday, June 27, 2011

A Busy and Amazing Weekend

Minneapolis at night

University of Minnesota--Twin Cities Campus 





The Amusement Park





















George:
Friday afternoon we departed for Minneapolis. It too five hours to get there. When we arrived in Minneapolis, we went to the premium outlet. It was cheaper than any other malls in the U.S.A. I bought many clothes in the outlets. After shopping, we slept in the Millenium Hotel.

We went to the U of M Twin Cities campus the next day. It was very big and we met a senior student who was our guide. After touring the campus, we shopped at the Mall of America but the most impressive one was touring the twin cities campus.

We also visited the amusement park, too. We had an enjoyable time there.


Bong:
During the weekend we went to Minneapolis. We arrived there after driving for five hours. It was the biggest city I had ever seen in America. On Saturday we visited the Twin Cities campus which is like a city. If I had been in Korea, I could not have imagined how big the Twin Cities campus was. Especially, the American football stadium was magnificent.  If I gp to the Twin Cities campus in a few years, I will go and cheer the U of M team with my friends.

After that, we went to the Valley Fair. There were many exciting rides such as bumper cars and the wave.

Half of the summer camp is over and I will spend more valuable time with my friends.


Daisy:
After ESL class on Friday, we headed off to Minneapolis to visit the Twin Cities campus. I heard it was going to be a long trip but I was too excited to care. On our way we went to Albertville outlet and shopped. The outlet seemed to have more than fifty stores, so even after 3 hours we were not finished, only tired and exhausted.

The TC campus was huge. It was much bigger than I imagined. During the campus tour I sometimes forgot that the buildings all belonged to the same campus. I was especially interested in the engineering department. The blocks were simple and normal, but it felt different from the others, maybe because it held my interest. The library was awesome. It looked like a traditional hotel and it was also big. The student fitness center was more than impressive. The tour changed my thoughts towards the TC campus.

On Saturday we went to a Korean buffet--the first Korean food we have had in Minnesota. I actually think Korean foods are the best in teh world. ON our way home, we went to the Valley Fair amusement park. It was also huge. I think pretty much everythign in America is big. We all loved it.

Our visit to Minneapolis was a very exciting and enjoyable one.

4 comments:

  1. WoW!!!
    I envy you guys!!!ㅜㅜ
    I want to go to the USA,too!!
    I miss Sue and Kate!!
    Love you guys~~!
    Have a good time in the US~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amusement park ..
    inever never envy you guys
    because i also go to waterpark this week!!!!

    actually i really envy you guys having
    so much fun in there.
    really hope to see you soon and want to
    hear all about your experiences!
    You know what?????

    your heaven life only have one week more~!!
    kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys only have one more week of ESL, too. Hang in there!
    Study your vocab really hard! (written by Steve)
    Bye, Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are having a great days~ I'm looking
    forward you to come here in Korea. This week will be a last week for summer program :( Having a great days!

    ReplyDelete